Our philosophy is based on “best practices” in early childhood education and recent brain research.
• every child is a child of God.
• the work we do here at school is an important ministry.
• young children learn best through hands-on experiential learning.
• each child is unique and develops and learns in their own way and in their own time.
• in the importance of all aspects of child development including: cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and spiritual.
• children should feel emotionally and physically safe at school in addition to feeling well loved and valued by their teachers.
• children have an intrinsic curiosity, thus our instructional framework is designed to help stretch children’s minds by demonstrating, asking questions, encouraging exploration and problem solving, and guiding outcomes.
• school should be a fun and stimulating place for children and families.
• the high quality early education we provide at LUMC provides a firm foundation for lifelong learning.