Our philosophy is based on “best practices” in early childhood education and recent brain research.
• Every child is a child of God.
• The work we do here at school is an important ministry.
• Young children learn best through hands-on experiential learning.
• Each child is unique, and develops and learns in their own way and in their own time.
• In the importance of all aspects of child development, including the cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and spiritual.
• Children should feel emotionally and physically safe at school, as well as loved and valued by their teachers.
• Children have an intrinsic curiosity, thus our instructional framework is designed to help stretch children’s minds by demonstrating, asking questions, encouraging exploration and problem solving, and guiding outcomes.
• School should be a fun and stimulating place for children and families.
• The high-quality early education we provide at LUMC provides a firm foundation for lifelong learning.