Vacation Bible School
Lenexa United Methodist Church Vacation Bible School
Registration is full. No walk-ins will be accepted.
June 21-25, 2021 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
For kids 4 years (by August 31, 2021) through new 6th graders
$10 per child
There are scholarships for families in need. Contact Mary Clow, Director of Children’s Ministries, for information 913-888-5600 or email@example.com.
**Note, due to COVID-19 there will be no afternoon care available or music program on Friday**
LUMC VBS 2021 Protocols
We are looking forward to having a fun and safe VBS at LUMC! Please read through these safety protocols before registering so that you know what to expect. More details will be sent out as we get closer to VBS.
We will be following all recommendations from the CDC, State and County Health Departments, and the Great Plains United Methodist Church Conference. These protocols are subject to change if recommendations change.
- Face masks are required for all volunteers and children.
- Temperature checks will be conducted for all children and volunteers upon arrival. Please have your children stay home if they have a fever or any other COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Class sizes will be limited to 10 children.
- Within each class, social distancing will be practiced as much as possible.
- Interactions between classes will be extremely limited. Multiple classes will only be combined in large spaces (example: Sanctuary, outside) where there is plenty of room for each class to be separated from other classes.
- We will be hand washing/sanitizing frequently and disinfecting rooms overnight.
- Supplies and materials will not be shared, or they will be disinfected between students.
- Please bring a water bottle for your child to drink from as water fountains will be closed.
Center Specific Guidelines
- Music: We will enjoy the music through instruments, dancing, and games, but we will not be singing.
- Recreation: Games will be chosen that don’t have physical contact.
- Snack: Pre-packaged snacks will be provided and students will eat snacks outside (weather permitting), or in a large space to provide ample room for social distancing while eating without masks. You are welcome to bring your own snacks if you would prefer.
Please contact Mary Clow, Director of Children’s Ministry with any questions: 913-888-5600, Mary.Clow@Lenexaumc.org