Safety Protocols for In-Person Worship
- Face masks must be worn by all persons over the age of 4. Masks are available for those who do not have one.
- Outside doors to the church will be propped open, weather permitting, so you may enter without touching the doors. Hand sanitizer and masks are available at each entrance.
- Church members are asked to practice social distancing when entering the church and when seated in the sanctuary. In the sanctuary, seating will be available in every other pew with 6 feet of space between each family unit. Bulletins are placed in the pews ahead of time by volunteers with gloves. Please sit in an available spot designated by a bulletin. Alternate pews are used for the 9:00 and 10:30 worship service.
- Between the 9:00 and 10:30 worship services, volunteers disinfect pews and offering plates.
- There is no congregational singing, because COVID-carrying droplets are spread more widely during singing. A small group of worship leaders will provide music.
- Passing of the peace has been removed from the service.
- At the 10:30 a.m. service, the children’s moment will be offered by Mary Clow, but children will be asked to remain in the pews with their families. Families are encouraged to sit toward the front of the sanctuary so children can easily see what is happening.
- Nursery and children’s Sunday School are only available during the 10:30 a.m. service.
- Children’s activity packets are available in the narthex. You may pick up a packet and crayons for your children to use during the service and then take them home after the service. Packets and crayons are not reused.
- Offering plates are not passed around during the service. Please place your offering in the plates set up in the Sanctuary before or after the service.
- Communion will be served in the pews with pre-packaged communion elements.
- There will be an attendance card inside your bulletin. Please fill it out and place it in the offering plate when leaving worship.
- There will be no coffee or Heavenly Half Hour between services.
- After worship, please don’t gather in the narthex or other parts of the church building.
Worshiping From Home
If you aren’t comfortable returning to church, we invite you to continue participating in online worship. Both the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. worship services will be livestreamed to our Facebook page and posted under Online Services on our church website afterwards.
When Not To Attend
Please do not attend in-person if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Have been exposed to or are residing with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Are experiencing or have experienced symptoms such as a cough, fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, or shortness of breath within the past 14 days.
- Have traveled to an area or event on the KDHE mandatory quarantine list.