LUMC COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Face masks must be worn by all persons over the age of 4 in worship, hallways, and public spaces. Masks are available for those who do not have one.
- Small groups may choose to remove face masks once in their classroom if all attendees have been fully vaccinated.
- Please practice social distancing at all times in the church building including in the narthex, sanctuary, hallways, and classrooms.
- Outside doors to the church will be propped open on Sunday mornings, weather permitting. Hand sanitizer and masks are available at each entrance.
- For worship, seating will be available in every other pew with two family units per pew. Please sit in an available spot designated by a bulletin. Alternate pews are used for the 9:00 and 10:30 worship service.
- There is no congregational singing because COVID-carrying droplets are spread more widely during singing. A small group of worship leaders will provide music.
- At the 10:30 a.m. service, children are asked to remain in the pews with their families during the children’s moment. Children’s activity packets are available in the narthex. You may pick up a packet and crayons for your children to use during the service and then take them home after the service. Packets and crayons are not reused.
- Offering plates are not passed around during the service. Please place your offering in the plates set up in the Sanctuary before or after the service.
- Please fill out the attendance card in your bulletin and place it in the offering plate when leaving worship.
- Communion will be served in the pews with pre-packaged communion elements.
Please do not attend in-person if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Have been exposed to or are residing with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Are experiencing or have experienced symptoms such as a cough, fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, or shortness of breath within the past 14 days.
- Have traveled to an area or event on the KDHE mandatory quarantine list.