Jesus said, “Whoever welcomes a child, welcomes me.”
Lenexa UMC provides rich and varied opportunities for children to grow in relationship to God and as followers of Jesus. Knowing that children learn in different ways, we invite children to play, move, sing, create, act, and serve. The stories of the Bible are told through activities that engage multiple senses.
- Nursery Care for children birth through 3 years old is provided in room 206 in the Main Building during both the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. worship services.
- Kids Connect Sunday school class meets at 10:30 a.m. for children 4 years old through 5th grade in the sanctuary every Sunday and after the children’s moment will walk together to the second floor of the Education Building.
Children’s Ministry COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Chairs are spaced 6 feet apart from each other. Sunday School activities will be chosen that allow for social distancing (6+ feet of space and no physical contact). Parents are asked to talk to their children about these guidelines before class.
- Kids and volunteers will wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before class and between activities.
- Supplies will be separated into individual containers before class instead of communal containers. For example, each child will have their own box of crayons to use instead of sharing from a large tub.
- No snacks will be provided during class. The water fountain will be blocked off. If kids need a drink of water, they will be provided a disposable cup of water.
- Chairs, tables, light switches, doorknobs, and materials used will be disinfected each week.
- Volunteers and children ages 4+ will wear masks.
- Volunteers and kids are asked to stay home if they are experiencing a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms.
For more information about Children’s Ministries, contact Mary Clow at 913-888-5600 ext. 111 or at email@example.com