Director of Youth Ministries
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: This is a half-time staff position in the Lenexa United Methodist Church.
Director of Youth Ministries (grades 7 through 12)—20 hours approximate.
This position could potentially grow into a full-time role.
SUPERVISION: Senior Pastor (direct supervision)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Youth Director will provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for Lenexa United Methodist Youth in the 7th through 12th grades. The Director of Youth Ministries will work with the Church Leadership Team and will provide the primary leadership for youth programming, along with adult volunteers. This will include weekly youth meetings, regularly scheduled classes (Sunday School, Confirmation, etc.); worship inclusion, fellowship programs, and service projects that will include district and conference activities and events.
- Grow the youth ministry by creating an attractive, vibrant, and compelling environment to which our youth can invite and attract others to the church.
- Build and support a team of passionate adult volunteers who provide diverse ability to lead, coach and mentor youth.
- Challenge the youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
- Build a ministry that engages with local Middle and High schools in the area and connects with the youth in their activities.
- Love youth for who they are and where they are in their faith journey.
- Embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Vision and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Previous experience leading a youth ministry program is desired
POSITION: A lead custodian is needed for building services. This staff opportunity is a 20-hour-a-week position.
• Standard cleaning—empty trash, vacuum, dust, and clean windows and bathrooms for both buildings.
• Setup—set tables and chairs for all church, preschool and guest events.
• Maintaining supplies—keep track of towels, toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Order as needed.
• Building maintenance—fix toilet valves and flapper, change light bulbs, change paper towel dispenser
batteries, change furnace filters. Coordinate outside vendor for carpet cleaning and floor polish. Major paint projects are typically done by volunteers.
• Candidate needs to be able to lift at least 40 lbs. to handle trash and move tables.