Position: Director of Youth Ministries
Director of Youth Ministries
Lenexa United Methodist Church
9138 Caenen Lake Rd, Lenexa, KS 66215
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: This is a half-time staff position in the Lenexa United Methodist Church.
Director of Youth Ministries (grades 7 through 12)—20 hours approximate.
This position could potentially grow into a full-time role.
SUPERVISION: Senior Pastor (direct supervision)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Youth Director will provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for Lenexa United Methodist Youth in the 7th through 12th grades. The Director of Youth Ministries will work with the Church Leadership Team and will provide the primary leadership for youth programming, along with adult volunteers. This will include weekly youth meetings, regularly scheduled classes (Sunday School, Confirmation, etc.); worship inclusion, fellowship programs, and service projects that will include district and conference activities and events.
- Grow the youth ministry by creating an attractive, vibrant, and compelling environment to which our youth can invite and attract others to the church.
- Build and support a team of passionate adult volunteers who provide diverse ability to lead, coach and mentor youth.
- Challenge the youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
- Build a ministry that engages with local Middle and High schools in the area and connects with the youth in their activities.
- Love youth for who they are and where they are in their faith journey.
- Embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Vision and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Previous experience leading a youth ministry program is desired