Youth Education Opportunities
- Confirmation Class is for all 7th graders (and older youth who have never participated) from early January through April on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8pm. Confirmation Sunday is the first Sunday in May, should those attending Confirmation make the decision to become members of the church.
- Sunday School at 10:30am. The Mid-Hi meet in Room 119, and Senior-Hi meet in the Loft. A variety of materials are used, and there is 2-year rotation for Mid-Hi, and a 4-year rotation for Senior-Hi. The groups are led by teams of teachers. Check the latest LUMYouth newsletter for the latest in Sunday School "happenings", or contact
- Youth retreats...are not just for fun and fellowship, but also for faith growth and Bible Study.
- Institute at Baker University in Baldwin, KS. Lenexa UMC youth always have representatives at these week-long events at Baker, with two different weeks offered each summer.
- Kansas East UMC Conference events. Lenexa UMC youth serve on conference committees - and often attend weekend retreats.
Lenexa United Methodist Church exists to create an enthusiastic Christian community formed in the faith and transformed into dynamic servants of Jesus.